Be Your Own Interior Designer
- Home » The Century 21 Peak Blog »
Maybe your budget doesn’t stretch to hiring an interior designer. Or perhaps you simply want to do everything in your new home yourself. Whatever the reason, with these apps, deciding how to decorate your new home becomes a breeze!
For more Los Angeles real estate tips or to get in touch with a real estate agent, contact Century 21 Peak today!
- Pinterest: Are you still in the orientation phase of your decorating project? Collect all of your ideas in one place — on Pinterest. Create separate boards for each room, and check out what other people like for more inspiration.
- Havenly: Not quite sure what’s the best layout or color scheme for a room? Get expert advice from Havenly’s professional interior designers — all from the comfort of your home. Based on your input, your designer will suggest ideas that match your style and budget. Havenly is available in three price categories — Havenly Consult for $19, Havenly Mini for $79 and Havenly Full for $169.
- Magic Plan: Magic Plan — available for iOS — is a super convenient way to create 3D floorplans with your phone. All you have to do is use your phone’s camera to record a room and mark the corners — and the app immediately creates a floorplan for you. Then you can export the plans into Floorplanner, which allows you to virtually furnish your rooms in 2D or 3D. Floorplanner offers various membership levels, including pay as you go, pro and business.
- Color911: Color is so important in your home’s interior — but finding the right color schemes can be a challenge. That’s why color expert Amy Wax developed Color911, a handy iOS app that provides color advice, lets you put together your own palettes and even helps you create your own colors.
- Color Capture: Do you often see flowers, sunsets, and artwork whose colors you’d love to replicate in your interior? This awesome app allows you to take pictures with your phone and matches the colors with Benjamin Moore’s more than 3,500 paint colors. The app is available for iOS and Android.
- Invaluable: Have you discovered the thrill of online auctions? Invaluable lets you bid on items from wherever you are in the world. Use the powerful filter option to find what you’re looking for, track your bids and pay for your orders — all on your phone! Invaluable is available for Android and iOS.
- Decaso: If you love high-end designer furniture, this iOS app is for you. It offers a selection of more than 25,000 items and allows you to preview how they’d look in your interior. You can search for items by category, style, color, and design. What’s more — all of the dealers are carefully vetted, so you get peace of mind.
- Try on Wall: Artfully Walls developed this handy app that enables you to see how specific photos, paintings and other pieces of wall art will look in your interior. It’s a great way to put those last touches on a perfect room! The app is available for iOS and Android.
Finally, don’t forget to keep an eye on your budget. Mint — owned by Intuit and available for iOS and Android — allows you to create budgets and track your spending on the go. So if you’re wondering if you have enough money left to buy that awesome antique mirror, you’ll know in a couple of quick swipes.